10 Oct Smart Way For Ohio Teens to Get Their Driver’s License.
There is a bit of a process in getting a driver’s license in Ohio for a teenager. But if you follow this checklist it will save you quite a lot of study time. Most online driving schools assume you are going to get the driver’s handbook and study that and then take the 24 hour course. Why? The state made it so you can start the 24 hour course at 15 years 5 months. That bit of knowledge changes they way you can prepare a lot. Here are all the steps to getting your license.
- At 15y 5mo sign up for the 24 Hour online Course (This gives you one month to complete the course. Use the Driver’s Handbook as a Study Guide.)
- At 15y 6mo take the written Temps test.
- After You Pass Your Temps – Attend a Professional Driving School for 8HR Behind the wheel driver training. (In addition you must practice driving 50 Hrs, 10 at night with a licensed driver 21 or older)
- Be at least 16 years old and have held a learner’s permit (Temporary Instruction Permit Identification Card) for at least 6 months.
Complete all the above requirements.
- Schedule your driving test at your nearest Ohio BMV location with a Driver Examination Station or schedule online at OhioDrivingTest.com.
You will need to bring:
Your TEMPS (Temporary Instruction Permit)
The Driving Course completion certificate.
The Driving Affidavit completed by a guardian that confirms 50 hours of driving practice
A vehicle (for the driving test)